Tom Tryniski, the man behind the Fulton Postcards Old Newspaper site, has exceeded 47 million pages on his site and continues to add more newspapers to search for free.
Tom’s site originally started with just New York newspapers. But in recent years he has digitized and made available for searching and browsing, old newspapers from 35 states from the U.S.
Below is the list of the Vermont newspapers available, with the city, newspaper title, and years available in the collection. The majority of the titles have been added in the past year.
- Bennington VT Evening Banner (1903-1922)
- Brattleboro VT Vermont Phoenix (1874-99, 1902-04)
- Burlington VT Free Press (1865-1895)
- Middlebury VT Galaxy ( 1846-1850)
- Middlebury VT Northern Galaxy ( 1844-1850)
- Middlebury VT Peoples Press ( 1837-1844)
- Middlebury VT Register ( 1846-1892)
- Montpelier VT State Journal (1836-1888)
- Montpelier VT Vermont Watchman (1893-1910)
- Rutland VT Herald (1845-1849)
- Rutland VT Weekly Globe (1873-1877)
- St Johnbury VT Caledonian (1837-1867)
- Woodstock VT Spirit Of The Age (1909-1913)
- Bellows Falls VT Times (1856-1876, 1889-1903)
- Newport VT Vermont Farmer (1870-1872)
Remember, you can find links to all other free online historical newspaper collections at Vermont Online Historical Newspapers Summary
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!