In February 2017, I started publishing a list of the catalog of online historical newspapers from over 400 different collections put together by the Advantage Archives Company, developed in conjunction with the libraries, historical societies and museums across the U.S. who preserve the historical newspapers for their communities. The list has grown a lot since then. Now there are over 750 collections – over an 85% per cent growth in four years.
To see the latest complete list, click on 85 Million Historic U.S. Newspaper Pages Now Available from Advantage Archives
Here are the new County and Library collections that were added after the previous monthly Advantage Archives update, followed by the collections that have had newspapers added to their existing collections in the last month.
New County and Library Collections (listed by county; includes name and link to the collection, and the number of issues or pages):
- Jefferson – Carthage Free Library (3,080 pages)
- Hancock – Weirton Area Museum (10,723 pages)
Here is a list by state and county of the existing online collections that had pages added in the last month that are available to search for free:
- Pinal – Casa Grande Public Library
- Bremer – Waverly Public Library
- Emmet – Estherville Public Library
- Jones – Jones County Genealogical Society
- Linn – Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Monroe – Monroe County Historical Society
- Page – Lied Public Library
- Palo Alto – Palo Alto County
- Plymouth – Akron Public Library
- Winnebago – Lake Mills
- Wright – Clarion Public Library
- Lyon – Emporia Public Library
- Montgomery – Independence Public Library
- Stevens – Stevens County Library
- Concordia – Concordia Parish Public Library
- Westman Region – Brandon Sun
- Essex – Newburyport Public Library
- Middlesex – Stoneham Public Library
- Plymouth – Scituate Town Library
- Bergen – Ramsey Free Library
- Cayuga – Lock 52 Historical Society
- Fulton – Fulton County Chapter O.G.S.
- Richland – Marvin Memorial Library
- Hays – San Marcos Public Library
If you wish to see a complete list of links to historical newspapers that are searchable for free from companies like Advantage Archives and many others, check out Newspaper Links.