In February 2017, I started publishing a list of the catalog of online historical newspapers from over 400 different collections put together by the Advantage Archives Company, developed in conjunction with the libraries, historical societies, and museums across the U.S. that preserve the historical newspapers for their communities. The list has grown a lot since then. Now there are over 800 collections – a 100% percent growth in five years.
To see the latest complete list, click on 95 Million Historic U.S. Newspaper Pages Now Available from Advantage Archives
Here are the new County and Library collections that were added after the previous monthly Advantage Archives update, followed by the collections that have had newspapers added to their existing collections in the last month.
New County and Library Collections (listed by county; includes name and link to the collection, and the number of issues or pages):
O’Brien – Sheldon Public Library (38,482 pages)
- Rockingham – Exeter Public Library (57,377 pages)
- Ward – Ward County Library (151,464 pages)
Here is a list by state and county of the existing online collections that had pages added in the last month that are available to search for free:
- Linn – Marion School Foundation
- Marshall – Marshalltown Public Library
- Ringgold – Mount Ayr Preservation
- Geary – Dorothy Bramlage Public Library
- Essex – Lynn Public Library
- Saline – Dvoracek Memorial Library
- Strafford – Rochester Public Library
- North Dakota – North Dakota Archives
- Medina – Medina County District Library
- Providence – Cranston Public Library
- Grant – Grant County Public Library
- Coffee – Coffee County Library
- Hood – Hood County Public Library
If you wish to see a complete list of links to historical newspapers that are searchable for free from companies like Advantage Archives and many others, check out Newspaper Links.