Although the three Canadian territories of Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon make up almost 40% of the landmass, they total less than one-half of one percent of the country’s population. There are of course newspapers available, and online historical newspapers are sparse. But there are a few.
Below is a list of where the titles are stored and the link so that you can access them.
So go for it – find your “Territorial” ancestors and all the interesting articles that capture the stories of their lives.
Please note that I have not always entered the dates that are included in the collections, as I suspect they will change as more items are digitized. Also I suspect that some of these links may change over time – so if there is a dead link – please use your favorite search engine to find their new location.
(Updated September 2022; recently added links are in BOLD)
- Klondike morning times – Dawson
- Semi-Weekly Klondike nugget – Dawson
- The Daily Klondike Nugget – Dawson
- The Klondike News – Dawson
- The Klondike nugget – Dawson
- The Semi-Weekly nugget – Dawson
- Yukon daily morning world – Dawson
Other Free Sites:
- Iqaluit (Nunavut) – Nunatsiaq News
- Fort Smith (NWT) – Northern Journal
- Dawson (Yukon) – Dawson Daily News
- Dawson (Yukon) – Dawson Record
- Dawson (Yukon) – The Daily Morning Sun
- Dawson (Yukon) – The Yukon Sun
- Dawson (Yukon) – The Yukon World
- Whitehorse (Yukon) – The Weekly Star
- Whitehorse (Yukon) – White Horse Star
For Obituary Indexes, transcriptions, and other death/obituary information from historic newspapers, please check out the Obituaries page.
Subscription or Pay Sites:
There is currently 1 publication available at this site. It is the Canada Obituary Collection
Paper of Record:
There are currently 2 publications available at this site. See the titles at Paper of Record – Yukon
You might want to check out the Yukon Genealogy site from time to time to see what is available online or otherwise.
Please note – even more may be available via a local library where a library card is required. And of course, there is always microfilm for those that have not been made available online as yet.
For more links for different states, provinces, and countries – please see the Newspaper Links page on this website.
For all Free Canadian Territories Links, click on the category of interest:
One reply on “Canadian Territories Online Historical Newspapers Summary”
Thanks for sharing n