Alumni records are part directories, part newspapers, and magazines, part biographies, part obituaries, part yearbooks, part vital records, etc. You get the idea. If you are seeking genealogy clues, these “records’ are full of them. All of the information is derivative, but it can provide leads for you to search for original documents. And if you are documenting a person’s family story, well, there’s a ton of that kind of information too.
So what am I including in Alumni Records?
- Alumni directories
- Alumni registers
- Alumni newsletters, bulletins, newspapers, and magazines
- Commencement programs
And what information is available in them?
- Graduation dates and degree(s) received
- Current photos and/or those of their family
- Current address lists
- Where are they now and what are they doing?
- Obituaries and “In Memoriam”
- Children born to the alumnus
- Deaths in their family
- Life achievements and awards
- Interesting stories about the alumnus and their family
Below is a list of links to free online alumni record and index collections for the state:
Note: Some of the links listed take you to a FamilySearch Collection of digital images. Near the bottom of the page under Film/Digital Notes is the name of each sub-collection. If there is a camera icon at the right of the name (in the Format column) then the collections’ images are browsable. If there is a camera with a key icon, it is only available at a Family History Center or affiliated library. If there is a film reel icon, then it is only available in microfilm format, not digital. To take full advantage, please make sure that you are logged in to FamilySearch. The results may be different if you are signed in, rather than not.
(Updated November 2021)
- Bishop Gorman High School Alumni Newsletter
- Bishop Manogue Catholic High School Alumni Magazine
- Las Vegas Business Academy
- Las Vegas High School Alumni Newsletters
- Reno High School Alumni Newsletter
- Touiro University Nevada Alumni Magazine
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Magazine
- University of Nevada, Reno Magazine
- University of Nevada, Reno News Archives
- University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Magazine
- University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Newsletters
- University of Nevada, Reno, Alumni Bulletin and War Service Record, Register of Cass of 1891-1918
For other Free Nevada Links, click on the category of interest:
Probate and Wills