Alumni records are part directories, part newspapers, and magazines, part biographies, part obituaries, part yearbooks, part vital records, etc. You get the idea. If you are seeking genealogy clues, these “records’ are full of them. All of the information is derivative, but it can provide leads for you to search for original documents. And if you are documenting a person’s family story, well, there’s a ton of that kind of information too.
So what am I including in Alumni Records?
- Alumni directories
- Alumni registers
- Alumni newsletters, bulletins, newspapers, and magazines
- Commencement programs
And what information is available in them?
- Graduation dates and degree(s) received
- Current photos and/or those of their family
- Current address lists
- Where are they now and what are they doing?
- Obituaries and “In Memoriam”
- Children born to the alumnus
- Deaths in their family
- Life achievements and awards
- Interesting stories about the alumnus and their family
Below is a list of links to free online alumni record and index collections for the state:
Note: Some of the links listed take you to a FamilySearch Collection of digital images. Near the bottom of the page under Film/Digital Notes is the name of each sub-collection. If there is a camera icon at the right of the name (in the Format column) then the collections’ images are browsable. If there is a camera with a key icon, it is only available at a Family History Center or affiliated library. If there is a film reel icon, then it is only available in microfilm format, not digital. To take full advantage, please make sure that you are logged in to FamilySearch. The results may be different if you are signed in, rather than not.
(Updated October 2021)
- Eastern Oklahoma State College In Review Magazine
- Murray State College Alumni Newsletters
- Oklahoma Baptist University Alumni Magazine
- Oklahoma Christian University Visions Magazine
- Oklahoma City University Alumni News
- Oklahoma Military Academy Alumni Newsletter
- Oklahoma State University Alumni Magazine
- Oklahoma State University Commencement Programs
- Oklahoma University College of Nursing Alumni Newsletter
- Oklahoma University Sooner Magazine
- Rogers State University Commencement
- Southern Nazarene University Magazine
- University of Central Oklahoma News Archives
- Wilburton High School Alumni Bulletin
For other Free Oklahoma Links, click on the category of interest:
Probate and Wills