Would you be interested in accessing over 800 Genealogy eBooks? How about the capability to search by topic and more importantly search for your ancestor in all of the eBooks at once? Earlier this year, Genealogical Publishing made a substantial upgrade to its My GPC Library service. Here are some details:
The My GPC Library
Here’s what you’ll be getting:
The Absolute Best Content:
- Time tested titles from our 70 years of publishing
- Books from the leading authorities like Elizabeth Shown Mills, Val Greenwood, Drew Smith and others
- The very best quick reference guides from our At a Glance series
Tools to Find what you are looking for:
- · Global searching of all our eBooks – what a time saver!
- · Set Book marks, make Notes, and find Citations in every book!
- · Work online or remotely – and they stay in sync!
Breakdown of the major categories:
- Industry leading how to books and manuals – an unsurpassed collection of more than 140 of our best titles that you cannot find anywhere else
- More than 375 genealogy books on colonial American families
- Over 239 books on New England or Mayflower genealogy
- Nearly 200 immigration titles covering Colonial America to about 1865
- Native American guides and records
- The best collection of titles on Royal and Noble genealogy
- More than 90 titles on Irish and Scottish genealogy
- Guidebooks for African American genealogy and records of families prior to 1870
- Nearly 800 titles in all, and growing
I can search all 800 books at one time and even search for a name?
- Yes, the great advantage of the new site is the ability to do global searches. You will see the titles that contain the search terms along with the number of hits. When you highlight a title, you will see the hits along with a few words to add context.
Can I copy, paste, and print?
- Of course, you can do those things. To respect our authors, we have placed limits on how much of any book you can print before asking us for permission.
Can you bookmark pages, highlight portions, and add notes?
- Yes, and it is easy. The site will guide you along the way
Does the platform provide citations?
- Yes. You can find citations in more than one place. Perhaps the easiest way to add the citation is when you have the book open and click on More book options.
Can I download the books and work remotely?
- Yes, you can work remotely on a computer, laptop, tablet, Kindle or phone– any device on which the Bookshelf app can be loaded.
What is the cost of a subscription?
How do I find out more?
- Just click on this link: My GPC Library
It’s that time of year. Do you have gift subscriptions?
- Yes, we do. Just click on this link: Gift Subscriptions
I know that you publish genealogy books in paperback and hardbound. Tell me about your company
- Genealogical.com is the leading–and oldest–publisher of genealogy books in the country. Under the Genealogical Publishing Company (GPC) and Clearfield Company imprints, Genealogical.com features a catalog of more than 2,000 publications, many of which–such as Val D. Greenwood’s Researcher’s Guide to American Genealogy and Elizabeth Shown Mills’ Evidence Explained–have set the standard for their fields.
- With this website, we hope to expand the ways researchers can access the useful–and in many cases unique–information in our publications by offering not only our extensive catalog of print books but also eBook editions of an ever-increasing number of our publications. We’re also making available subscriptions to collections of our titles. We hope this affordable alternative will allow more of our customers to access not only data but also the stories of their ancestors, much of which were written by their contemporaries.
- Our mission is to provide the best published resources for genealogists and historians looking for assistance in their research
To access all of these 2,000 publications as well as the My GPC Library subscription service just go to Genealogical Publishing