One of the main goals for genealogists is finding marriage information about their ancestors.
Over the past few decades, thanks to volunteers, librarians, and archivists, a great number of indexes to marriage collections have been provided for free online. These searchable indexes provide specific marriage license, bond, and certificate information, and sometimes scanned images of the actual marriage documents themselves. These free online collections have hundreds of millions of records in them in total.
There are a great number of online and offline collections that may include marriage information that is not included in the lists below. These different types can be found in 27 Ways to Find Ancestor Marriage Information.
The lists below are specific marriage indexes and record collections that are available for free online for each of the states in the region.
- Free Online Connecticut Marriage Records and Indexes
- Free Online Maine Marriage Records and Indexes
- Free Online Massachusetts Marriage Records and Indexes
- Free Online New Hampshire Marriage Records and Indexes
- Free Online Rhode Island Marriage Records and Indexes
- Free Online Vermont Marriage Records and Indexes
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!