Pennsylvania is one of the states that has several central state-wide online repositories for searching historical newspapers. Several states use the Library of Congress Chronicling America site as their main online site for searching old newspapers. Pennsylvania does have many online newspapers available on that site. Pennsylvania currently also has its online availability from different websites and they house hundreds of newspapers. Many are free and many require a subscription. Below is a list of where the titles are stored and the link so that you can access them.
There are almost 8.000 newspapers that have been published in the Keystone State – certainly not all of them are searchable online. But there are quite a few that are indeed available. So go for it – find your Pennsylvania ancestors and all the interesting articles that capture the stories of their lives.
Please note that I have not always entered the dates that are included in the collections, as I suspect they will change as more items are digitized. Also, I suspect that some of these links may change over time – so if there is a dead link – please use your favorite search engine to find their new location.
(Updated February 2023; recently added links are in BOLD)
Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers
Chronicling America – Pennsylvania
- Allegheny, Pa., 1894-current – Zajedničar = Fraternalist.
- Allentaun, Pa., 183?-1839 – Der Lecha Patriot und Northampton Caunty wöchentlicher Anzeiger.
- Allentaun, Pa., 1839-1848 – Der Lecha Patriot und Northampton Demokrat.
- Allentaun, Pa., 1840-1847 – Der friedens=bote und Lecha, Northampton, Bucks, Berks und Montgomery Caunties Anzeiger.
- Allentaun, Pa., 1848-1859 – Der lecha patriot.
- Allentaun, Pa., 1859-1872 – Der Lecha Caunty patriot. [volume]
- Bedford, Pa., 1805-current – The Bedford gazette.
- Bedford, Pa., 1854-1857 – Bedford inquirer and chronicle.
- Bedford, Pa., 1857-1884 – Bedford inquirer.
- Bellefonte, Pa., 1848-1989 – Centre Democrat.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1837-1850 – The Columbia Democrat.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1849-1866 – The star of the north.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1850-1866 – Columbia Democrat and Bloomsburg general advertiser.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1866-1866 – The campaign.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1866-1867 – Columbia democrat and star of the north.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1866-1910 – The Columbian.
- Bloomsburg, Pa., 1867-1869 – Bloomsburg democrat.
- Butler, Butler County, Pa., 1863-1872 – American citizen.
- Butler, Pa., 1877-1922 – Butler citizen.
- Centre Hall, Pa., 1868-1871 – Centre Hall reporter.
- Centre Hall, Pa., 1871-1940 – The Centre reporter.
- Chicago [Ill.], 1864-1877 – The workingman’s advocate. [volume]
- Chicago, Ill., 1902-current – Głos polek. [volume]
- Clearfield, Pa., 1851-1937 – Clearfield Republican.
- Clearfield, Pa., 1854-1948 – Raftsman’s journal.
- Coudersport, Pa., 1850-1857 – The people’s journal.
- Coudersport, Pa., 1857-1872 – The Potter journal.
- Coudersport, Pa., 1872-1874 – The Potter journal and news item.
- Danville, Pa., 1859-1907 – Danville intelligencer.
- Danville, Pa., 1866-1920 – Montour American.
- Ebensburg, Pa., 1844-1853 – The mountain sentinel.
- Ebensburg, Pa., 1853-1866 – Democrat and sentinel.
- Ebensburg, Pa., 1859-1865 – The Alleghanian.
- Ebensburg, Pa., 1865-1871 – The Ebensburg Alleghanian.
- Ebensburg, Pa., 1867-1938 – The Cambria freeman.
- Emporium, Cameron County, Pa., 1866-1922 – Cameron County press.
- Freeland, Pa., 1888-1921 – Freeland tribune.
- Harrisburg, Pa., 1843-1887 – Pennsylvanische Staats zeitung. [volume]
- Harrisburg, Pa., 1879-1948 – Harrisburg telegraph.
- Harrisburg, Pa., 1904-1917 – The star-independent.
- Honesdale, Pa., 1873-1908 – The Honesdale citizen.
- Honesdale, Pa., 1908-1914 – The citizen.
- Indiana, Pa., 1914-1955 – The patriot. [volume]
- Johnstown, Cambria County, Pa., 1889-1916 – Johnstown weekly Democrat.
- Lancaster, Pa., 1864-1928 – Lancaster daily intelligencer.
- Laport, Pa., 1896-19?? – Republican news item.
- Laporte, Pa., 1883-1896 – Sullivan republican.
- Lehighton, Pa., 1872-1924 – The Carbon advocate.
- Lewisburg, Pa., 1849-1849 – Lewisburg chronicle, and the West Branch farmer.
- Lewisburg, Pa., 1850-1850 – Lewisburg chronicle, and West Branch farmer.
- Lewisburg, Pa., 1850-1859 – Lewisburg chronicle.
- Lewisburg, Pa., 1859-1864 – Union County star and Lewisburg chronicle.
- Lewistown, Pa., 1843-1944 – Lewistown gazette.
- McConnellsburg, Pa., 1899-current – The Fulton County news.
- Middleburg, Snyder County, Pa., 1864-1883 – The post.
- Middleburgh, Snyder Co., Pa., 1883-1916 – The Middleburgh post.
- Mifflintown, Juniata County, Pa., 1873-1955 – Juniata sentinel and Republican.
- Mifflintown, Pa., 1846-1873 – Juniata sentinel.
- Milford, Pa., 1895-1925 – Pike County press.
- Millheim, Pa., 1876-1984 – Millheim Journal. [volume]
- New Bloomfield, Pa., 1867-187? – The Bloomfield times.
- New Bloomfield, Pa., 1877-188? – The New Bloomfield, Pa. times.
- New-York [N.Y.], 1789-1793 – Gazette of the United-States.
- Petroleum Center, Pa., 1868-1873 – The Petroleum Centre daily record.
- Philadelphia ;, 1897-19?? – The defender. [volume]
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1791-1793 – National gazette.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1793-1794 – Gazette of the United States & evening advertiser.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1794-1795 – Gazette of the United States and daily evening advertiser.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1795-1796 – Gazette of the United States.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1796-1800 – Gazette of the United States, & Philadelphia daily advertiser.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1800-1801 – Gazette of the United States, & daily advertiser.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1864-1918 – The evening telegraph.
- Philadelphia [Pa.], 1914-1942 – Evening public ledger.
- Philadelphia, Pa., 1888-19?? – The Christian banner. [volume]
- Philadelphia, Pa., 1897-19?? – Odd fellows’ journal. [volume]
- Philadelphia, Pa., 1917-???? – La ragione.
- Philadelphia, Pa., 1917-???? – La rassegna. [volume]
- Philadelphia, Pa., 1918-1969 – La libera parola. [volume]
- Pittsburg [Pa.], 1880-1923 – Pittsburg dispatch.
- Reading, Pa., 1839-1864 – Der liberale Beobachter und Berks, Montgomery und Schuylkill Caunties allgemeine anzeiger.
- Reynoldsville, Pa., 1892-1946 – The star.
- Ridgway, Elk Co., Pa., 186?-1868 – The Elk advocate.
- Ridgway, Pa., 1868-1883 – The Elk County advocate.
- Scranton, Pa., 1865-1918 – Scranton Wochenblatt. [volume]
- Scranton, Pa., 1884-18?? – Fest-Zeitung.
- Scranton, Pa., 1891-1910 – The Scranton tribune.
- Shenandoah, Pa., 1891-1966 – The evening herald.
- Somerset, Pa., 18??-???? – Somerset herald.
- Somerset, Pa., 183?-1852 – The Somerset herald and farmers’ and mechanics’ register.
- Somerset, Pa., 1870-1936 – The Somerset herald.
- Stroudsburg, Pa., 1840-1853 – Jeffersonian Republican.
- Stroudsburg, Pa., 1853-1911 – The Jeffersonian.
- Sunbury, Northumberland Co., Pa., 1840-1848 – Sunbury American and Shamokin journal.
- Sunbury, Pa., 1848-1879 – Sunbury American.
- Tionesta, Pa., 1869-1952 – The Forest Republican.
- Towanda, Pa., 1844-1884 – Bradford reporter.
- Towanda, Pa., 1879-1921 – Towanda daily review.
- Tunkhannock, Pa., 1854-1867 – North Branch democrat.
- Tunkhannock, Wyoming Co., Pa., 1867-1940 – Wyoming democrat.
- Waynesburg, Pa., 185?-1867 – The Greene County Republican.
- Waynesburg, Pa., 1867-18?? – The Waynesburg Republican.
Google News Archive
- Beaver – The Daily Times
- Beaver – Beaver Valley Times
- Beaver – Allegheny Times
- Beaver – Saturday Times
- Beaver – The Beaver Times
- Beaver – The Daily Times
- Beaver – Beaver County Times
- Beaver Falls – Beaver Falls Tribune
- Butler – The Butler Times
- Easton – The Easton Daily Free Press
- Easton – The Daily Free Press
- Easton – Free Press
- Easton – Free Daily Press
- Easton – Easton Free Press
- Gettysburg – Gettysburg Times
- Gettysburg – The Gettysburg Gazette
- Gettysburg – Adams County News
- Gettysburg – The Star and Banner
- Gettysburg – Gettysburg Compiler
- Gettysburg – The Star and Sentinel
- Gettysburg – The Sprig of Liberty
- Gettysburg – The People’s Press
- Gettysburg – The Republican Compiler
- Gettysburg – The Adams Centinel
- Gettysburg – The Centinel
- Gettysburg – The Star and Republican Banner
- Gettysburg – The Compiler
- Greensburg – The Daily Tribune
- Greensburg – Greensburg Morning Review
- Greensburg – Greensburg Daily Tribune
- Jeannette – The Jeannette News
- Jeannette – The News-Dispatch
- Jeannette – Jeannette Daily Dispatch
- Jeannette – The Jeannette Dispatch
- Jeannette – The Weekly News-Dispatch
- Lock Haven – The Clinton County Times
- Lock Haven – Clinton County Weekly
- Mifflinburg – Mifflinburg Telegraph
- Milton – Milton Evening Standard
- Milton – The Milton Standard
- New Oxford – New Oxford Item
- Philadelphia – The Record
- Philadelphia – The Philadelphia Record
- Philadelphia – General Advertiser
- Philadelphia – Public Record
- Philadelphia – Aurora General Advertiser
- Pittsburgh – The Mount Washington and Duquesne Heights News
- Pittsburgh – The Mount Washington News
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh Press
- Pittsburgh – The Gazette Times
- Pittsburgh – Das Volksblatt
- Pittsburgh – Volksblatt Und Freiheits Freund
- Pittsburgh – Freiheits-Freund
- Pittsburgh – Freiheits Freund Und Pittsburger Courier
- Pittsburgh – Der Freiheits-Freund
- Pittsburgh – Printer’s Labor Tribune
- Pittsburgh – National Labor Tribune
- Pittsburgh – The Daily Pittsburgh Gazette
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh Daily Commercial
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Sun-Telegraph
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh Daily Gazette
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Daily Gazette and Advertiser
- Pittsburgh – Post-Gazette and Sun-Telegraph
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh Commercial
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh Gazette
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Commercial Gazette
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburger Volksblatt
- Reading – Reading Eagle
- Reading – Reading Eagle Reading Times A.m. Berks
- Rochester – Rochester and Beaver the Daily Times
- Sheffield – The Sheffield Observer
- Washington – The Reporter
- Washington – The Daily Evening Reporter
- Washington – The Washington Semi-Weekly Reporter
- Washington – Washington Daily Reporter
- Washington – The Washington Weekly Reporter
- Washington – Observer-Reporter
- Washington – Washington Daily News
- Washington – The Washington Observer
- Washington – The Reporter and Tribune
- Washington – The Washington Reporter
- Williamsport – Gazette and Bulletin
Pennsylvania Newspaper Archive
- Aaronsburg – Berichter und Anzeiger. volume
- Aaronsburg – Democratischer Berichter und Centre County Anzeiger. volume
- Aaronsburg – Der Centre Berichter. volume
- Aaronsburg – Der Democratische Berichter.
- Allentown – Der friedens=bote und Lecha, Northampton, Bucks, Berks und Montgomery Caunties Anzeiger.
- Allentown – Der Lecha Caunty patriot.
- Allentown – Der Lecha Patriot und Northampton Caunty wöchentlicher Anzeiger.
- Allentown – Der Lecha Patriot und Northampton Demokrat.
- Allentown – Der lecha patriot.
- Allentown – The Lehigh register.
- Altoona – The Altoona tribune.
- Beaver – The Argus and radical.
- Beaver – The Beaver Argus.
- Beaver – The Beaver County Argus.
- Beaver – The Beaver radical.
- Beaver – The Beaver weekly argus.
- Bedford – Bedford inquirer and chronicle.
- Bedford – Bedford inquirer.
- Bedford – The Bedford gazette.
- Bellefonte – American patriot. volume
- Bellefonte – Bellefonte patriot. volume
- Bellefonte – Centre Democrat.
- Bellefonte – Centre farmer. volume
- Bellefonte – Democratic watchman.
- Bellefonte – The Bellefonte national.
- Bellefonte – The Bellefonte Republican.
- Bellefonte – The Central press.
- Bloomsburg – Bloomsburg democrat.
- Bloomsburg – Columbia Democrat and Bloomsburg general advertiser.
- Bloomsburg – Columbia democrat and star of the north.
- Bloomsburg – The campaign.
- Bloomsburg – The Columbia Democrat.
- Bloomsburg – The Columbian.
- Bloomsburg – The star of the north.
- Butler – American citizen.
- Butler – Butler citizen.
- Butler – The Democratic herald.
- Carbondale – The Carbondale weekly advance.
- Carlisle – American volunteer.
- Carlisle – Carlisle herald and expositor.
- Carlisle – Carlisle herald.
- Centre Hall – Centre Hall reporter.
- Centre Hall – The Centre reporter.
- Chambersburg – The Franklin repository.
- Clearfield – Clearfield Republican.
- Clearfield – Democratic banner.
- Clearfield – Raftsman’s journal.
- Clearfield – The Country dollar.
- Columbia – The Columbia spy and Lancaster and York County record.
- Columbia – The Columbia spy.
- Columbia – The Columbia spy. and literary register.
- Coudersport – The people’s journal.
- Coudersport – The Potter journal and news item.
- Coudersport – The Potter journal.
- Dallas – The Dallas post.
- Danville – Danville intelligencer.
- Danville – Montour American.
- East Stroudsburg – Jeffersonian Republican.
- Ebensburg – Democrat and sentinel.
- Ebensburg – The Alleghanian.
- Ebensburg – The Cambria freeman.
- Ebensburg – The Ebensburg Alleghanian.
- Ebensburg – The mountain sentinel.
- Elk Lick – The Somerset County star. volume
- Emporium – Cameron County press.
- Erie – Behrend collegian.
- Erie – Erie observer.
- Erie – Erie weekly observer.
- Erie – The Behrend beacon.
- Erie – The Behrend College collegian.
- Erie – The Collegian : the weekly newspaper of Behrend College.
- Erie – The Erie observer.
- Florin – The weekly bulletin.
- Freeland – Freeland tribune.
- Gettysburg – Gettysburg compiler.
- Gettysburg – Star and banner.
- Gettysburg – The compiler.
- Gettysburg – The Republican compiler.
- Gettysburg – The Star and Republican banner.
- Gettysburg – The star and sentinel.
- Gettysburg – The star, and Adams County Republican banner.
- Gettysburg – The star.
- Greencastle – The pilot.
- Harrisburg – Daily patriot and union.
- Harrisburg – Evening telegraph.
- Harrisburg – Harrisburg telegraph.
- Harrisburg – Pennsylvania daily telegraph.
- Harrisburg – Pennsylvania telegraph.
- Harrisburg – Pennsylvanische Staats zeitung.
- Harrisburg – The star-independent.
- Hazleton – Hazleton collegian.
- Hazleton – The Highacres collegian.
- Honesdale – The citizen.
- Honesdale – The Honesdale citizen.
- Huntingdon – Huntingdon globe.
- Huntingdon – Huntingdon journal.
- Huntingdon – Huntingdon journal.
- Huntingdon – The globe.
- Huntingdon – The Huntingdon journal.
- Huntingdon – The journal.
- Indiana – The patriot.
- Johnstown – Johnstown weekly Democrat.
- Lancaster – Lancaster daily intelligencer.
- Lancaster – Lancaster farming.
- Lancaster – Lancaster intelligencer.
- Laporte – Republican news item.
- Laporte – Sullivan republican.
- Lebanon – The Lebanon advertiser.
- Lehighton – The Carbon advocate.
- Lewisburg – Lewisburg chronicle, and the West Branch farmer.
- Lewisburg – Lewisburg chronicle, and West Branch farmer.
- Lewisburg – Lewisburg chronicle.
- Lewisburg – Union County star and Lewisburg chronicle.
- Lewistown – Lewistown gazette.
- Marietta – Susquehanna times & the Mount Joy bulletin.
- Marietta – Susquehanna times.
- Marietta – The Mariettian.
- Marietta – The Weekly Mariettian.
- McConnellsburg – The Fulton County news.
- Meyersdale – The Meyersdale commercial. volume
- Middleburg – The Middleburgh post.
- Middleburg – The post.
- Middletown – C.C. reader.
- Middletown – Capitol times.
- Middletown – The capitolist.
- Mifflintown – Juniata sentinel and Republican.
- Mifflintown – Juniata sentinel.
- Milford – Pike County press.
- Millheim – Der Centre Berichter. volume
- Millheim – Millheim Journal.
- Montrose – Independent Republican.
- Montrose – Northern democrat.
- Montrose – The Democrat.
- Montrose – The Montrose Democrat.
- Montrose – The Montrose democrat.
- Montrose – The people’s advocate.
- Montrose – The Susquehanna register.
- Mount Joy – The Mount Joy bulletin.
- Mount Joy – The Mount Joy star and news.
- New Berlin – Unabhangiger Correspondent. volume
- New Bloomfield – The Bloomfield times.
- New Bloomfield – The New Bloomfield, Pa. times.
- Patton – The Patton courier.
- Patton – Union press-courier.
- Petroleum Center – The Petroleum Centre daily record.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United-States.
- Philadelphia – Daily evening bulletin.
- Philadelphia – Evening public ledger.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United States & evening advertiser.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United States and daily evening advertiser.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United States, & daily advertiser.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United States, & Philadelphia daily advertiser.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United States.
- Philadelphia – Gazette of the United-States.
- Philadelphia – La libera parola.
- Philadelphia – La ragione.
- Philadelphia – La rassegna.
- Philadelphia – Our daily fare.
- Philadelphia – The American Presbyterian.
- Philadelphia – The evening telegraph.
- Philadelphia – The press.
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh daily gazette and advertiser.
- Pittsburgh – The daily morning post.
- Pittsburgh – Daily morning post.
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburg dispatch.
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh morning post.
- Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh morning post.
- Pittsburgh – Presbyterian banner & advocate.
- Pittsburgh – Presbyterian banner.
- Pittsburgh – The Daily Pittsburgh gazette and commercial journal.
- Pittsburgh – The daily Pittsburgh gazette.
- Pittsburgh – The daily Pittsburgh gazette.
- Pittsburgh – The mystery.
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh daily gazette.
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh gazette.
- Pittsburgh – The Pittsburgh post.
- Pottsville – The miners’ journal, and Pottsville general advertiser.
- Pottsville – The miners’ journal.
- Pottsville – The miners’ journal.
- Reading – Der liberale Beobachter und Berks, Montgomery und Schuylkill Caunties allgemeine anzeiger.
- Reading – Father Abraham.
- Reading – Reading daily eagle.
- Reading – Reading gazette and Democrat.
- Reynoldsville – The star.
- Ridgway – The Elk advocate.
- Ridgway – The Elk County advocate.
- Sayre – The valley record.
- Scranton – Fest-Zeitung.
- Scranton – Scranton Wochenblatt.
- Scranton – The Scranton tribune.
- Shenandoah – The evening herald.
- Smethport – M’Kean County Democrat.
- Snow Shoe – Snow Shoe times. volume
- Somerset – Somerset herald.
- Somerset – The Somerset herald and farmers’ and mechanics’ register.
- Somerset – The Somerset herald.
- Somerset – Somerset vedette. volume
- State College – Penn State collegian.
- State College – State collegian.
- State college – The Free lance.
- Stroudsburg – The Jeffersonian.
- Sunbury – Sunbury American and Shamokin journal.
- Sunbury – Sunbury American.
- Tionesta – The Forest Republican.
- Towanda – Bradford reporter.
- Towanda – Bradford Republican.
- Towanda – The Bradford Porter.
- Towanda – Towanda daily review.
- Tunkhannock – North Branch democrat.
- Tunkhannock – The Wyoming Democrat.
- Tunkhannock – Wyoming County Whig.
- Tunkhannock – Wyoming democrat.
- University Park – The daily collegian.
- Waynesboro – The Waynesboro’ village record.
- Waynesboro – Village record.
- Waynesburg – The Greene County Republican.
- Waynesburg – The Waynesburg messenger.
- Waynesburg – The Waynesburg Republican.
- Wellsboro – The agitator.
- Wellsboro – The Tioga County agitator.
- Wellsboro – The Wellsborough advertiser.
- Wellsboro – Wellsboro agitator.
Pennsylvania Civil War Newspapers 1831-1877
- Altoona Tribune 2/4/1858 – 3/11/1865
- Bellefonte National – 9/4/1868 – 12/25/1868
- Bellefonte Republican – 1/6/1869 – 6/30/1869; 7/14/1869 – 12/22/1869
- Central Press – 9/24/1858 – 8/11/1859; 9/20/1860 – 8/16/1861; 2/28/1862 – 8/30/1867; 1/10/1868 – 8/21/1868
- Democratic Watchman 11/28/1855 – 10/27/1871
- Franklin Repository 7/8/1863 – 12/27/1865
- Democratic Banner 10/9/1845 – 2/14/1849
- Country Dollar 6/20/1849 – 7/26/1850
- Clearfield Republican 11/14/1851 â€“ 12/30/1854; 4/7/1858 – 7/5/1865
- Columbia Spy 7/17/1847 – 12/31/1870
- Erie Weekly Observer 4/18/1853 – 3/5/1859
- Erie Observer 3/12/1859 – 5/27/1869
- Star 2/23/1831 – 9/27/1831
- Star and Adams County Republican Banner 10/4/1831 – 4/3/1832
- Star and Republican Banner 12/23/1834 – 5/14/1847
- Star and Banner 5/28/1847 – 5/8/1857
- Star and Sentinal 5/29/1867 – 3/17/1871
- Republican Compiler 9/11/1854 – 5/1/1857
- Compiler 5/18/1857 – 5/14/1866
- Gettysburg Compiler 5/21/1866 – 12/25/1868
- Pilot 2/3/1863 – 7/26/1864*
- Daily Patriot and Union 10/15/1860 – 10/31/1863*
- Pennsylvania Daily Telegraph 1/21/1859 – 11/26/1862*
- Evening Telegraph 11/28/1862 – 3/11/1864*
- Pennsylvania Telegraph 3/12/1864 – 12/31/1864
- Huntingdon Globe 1/8/1855 – 6/18/1856
- Huntingdon Journal 10/3/1838 – 8/27/1880
- Globe 6/25/1856 – 12/13/1870
- Father Abraham 6/12/1868 – 4/29/1870; 10/25/1872 – 12/13/1872
- Lancaster Intelligencer 12/28/1847 – 12/27/1871
- Lebanon Advertiser 6/24/1857 – 9/13/1865*
- Lehigh Register 1/4/1849 – 12/25/1872
- Weekly Mariettian 7/21/1860 – 7/20/1861
- Mariettian 8/3/1861 – 8/3/1867*
- American Presbyterian 1/5/1860 – 12/30/1869*
- Daily Evening Bulletin 2/2/1864 – 10/8/1870
- Our Daily Fare 6/8 – 21/1864; 9/11/1865
- Press 8/1/1857 – 7/30/1864; 2/22/1858-10/14/1865*
- Daily Morning Post 9/10/1842 – 7/28/1843
- The Mystery 4/16/1845
- Pittsburgh Morning Post 7/29/1843 – 9/16/1846
- Daily Morning Post 9/17/1846 – 11/24/1855
- Pittsburgh Morning Post 11/26/1855 – 2/19/1859
- Pittsburgh Post 2/21/1859 – 1/17/1860
- Pittsburgh Daily Gazette and Advertiser 3/29/1847 – 3/31/1847
- Daily Pittsburgh Gazette 4/1/1847 – 1/8/1851
- Daily Pittsburgh Gazette and Commercial Journal 5/9/1861 – 5/20/1863
- Daily Pittsburgh Gazette 5/21/1863 – 1/6/1866
- Pittsburgh Gazette 1/8/1866 â€“ 7/30/1870
- Presbyterian Banner and Advocate 9/27/1856 – 3/3/1860*
- Presbyterian Banner 3/10/1860 – 9/14/1864*
- Reading Eagle 8/20/1868 – 3/22/1869
- Reading Gazette and Democrat 5/24/1862; 1/3/1863 – 12/26/1863
- Village Record 1/3/1862 – 6/15/1871
- Waynesboro Village Record 6/29/1871 – 12/31/1874
- Waynesburg Messenger – 8/21/1861 – 3/22/1865
- Agitator 7/13/1854 – 11/22/1865
- Tioga County Agitator 11/29/1865 – 12/20/1871
- Wellsboro Agitator 1/3/1872 – 11/25/1873
- Albright College – The Seminary Guard Newspaper
- Ambler Gazette Collection – Wissahickon Valley Public Library
- Ambler Gazette Newspaper
- Bellwood Bulletin
- Christian Observer (Philadelphia) 1840-1850
- Conshohocken Recorder Collection
- Elizabethville Echo Newspaper
- Elk Enterprise Newspaper
- Erie Gazette 1820-1864
- Erie Gay News
- Harrisburg Whig State Journal Newspaper
- Hourglass Newspaper Collection
- Huntingdon Gazette
- Journal American
- Indian Craftsman
- Keystone Gazette Newspaper
- Kiski School Digital Collection
- Lancaster Examiner and Herald 1834-1854 Collection
- Lancaster Examiner and Herald 1855-1872 Collection
- Lancaster Intelligencer 1833-1852
- Lebanon Advertiser Newspaper
- Lewistown Republican 1840-1844
- Lititz Newspaper Collection
- Lycoming College Student Newspapers (1856-present)
- Mansfield Advertiser 1911-1929
- Mapleton Advertiser Newspaper
- Mapleton Item Newspaper
- Marietta Advocate and Farmers and Mechanics Intelligencer Newspaper
- Marietta Pioneer Newspaper
- Marietta Register Newspaper
- Mariettian Newspaper
- Mengle Memorial Library Jefferson County Punxsutawney Spirit Collection
- Mercer Dispatch Newspaper
- Milton Hershey School Hershey News Collection
- Milton Hershey School Hershey Press Collection
- Montgazette (Montgomery County Community College student newspaper)
- Pleasant Journal Newspaper
- Nazareth Area World War II Scrapbook
- Nazareth Item
- Pennsylvania Conservation and Science
- Pennsylvania Historical Newspapers
- Pennsylvania Native Americans Collection
- Philadelphia Christian Observer Newspaper
- Philadelphia Daily Chronicle Newspaper
- Philadelphia Sun Newspaper
- Philadelphia Sunday-school Times Newspaper
- Pioneer and County Advertiser 9/27/1826 – 2/2/1827
- Pittston Gazette (1850-1907)
- Potter County Journal Newspaper
- Punxsutawney Spirit
- Saint Francis University Student Newspapers
- Sewickley Herald
- Sewickley Herald Collection
- State’s Advocate Newspaper
- Sun (Philadelphia) 9/11/1844, June-August 1847
- Sunday-school times (Philadelphia; 1862-1868)
- The Ambler Gazette (Montgomery County; 1886-1944)
- The Baldwin School Hourglass Newspaper Collection
- The Campus (Allegheny College student newspaper)
- The Colonization Herald and General Register Newspaper
- The Conshohocken Recorder
- The Erie Gay News
- The New Holland Clarion 1873-1890 Collection
- The New Holland Clarion 1891-1910 Collection
- The New Holland Clarion 1911-1950 Collection
- The St. Marys Daily Press
- The Seminary Guard Newspaper
- The Swarthmorean & the Swarthmore News
- The Umpire
- Titusville Courier Newspaper
- Titusville Herald Newspaper
- Town Topics Newspaper
- Whig State Journal (Harrisburg) 5/20/1851
- Wilkes-Barre Daily Newspaper
- Wilkes-Barre Sunday Independent
County and Library Collections:
Oakmont Carnegie Library
- Advance Leader
- Verona Leader
- Allegheny Valley Advance
- Conestoga Spoke
- Conestoga Spook
- Eastfrin Echoes
Alexander Hamilton Memorial Free Library
- Record Herald
- Village Record
- Waynesboro Record
- Blue Ridge Zephyr
- Daily Record
- Evening Review
Columbia County Local Newspapers Collection
- Columbia County Republican: 1857-1915 (complete 1875-94, 1901-02, 1914)
- Bloomsburg Daily: 1892-1904, 1906-08 (complete February 1892 – February 1902)
- Daily Mail: August 1908 – January 1909
- Democratic Sentinel: 1872-1912 (complete 1885, 1890-91, April 1901 – June 1910)
- Daily Banner
- Daily Gazette And Bulletin
- Daily Morning Standard
- Gazette And Bulletin
- Grit Daily Sun And Banner
- Industrial Union
- Lycoming Daily Gazette
- Lycoming Gazette
- Lycoming Recorder
- Marriage Licenses
- Muncy Meeting
- Pennsylvania Grit
- Port Byron Chronicle And Cayuga County News
- Star Of Hope
- Sunday Grit
- The Daily Sun And Banner
- The Daily Truth
- The Democratic Banner
- The Evening News
- The Grip
- The Holiday Grit
- The Item
- The Labor Record
- The Luminary
- The Lycoming Chronicle
- The Lycoming Chronicle And West Branch Record
- The Lycoming Gazette And Chronicle
- The Morning News
- The Muncy Luminary And Lycoming County Advertiser
- The Port Byron Chronicle
- The Times
- The West Branch Bulletin
- The Williamsport Examiner
- The Williamsport News
- The Williamsport Sun
- The Williamsport Sun And Banner
- The Williamsport Sun And Lycoming Democrat
- The Williamsport Times
- Tri-Weekly Gazette And Bulletin
- Weekly Democratic Banner
- Weekly Sun And Banner
- West Branch Beobachter
- West Branch Republican
- West-Branch Democrat
- Williamsport Daily Standard
- Williamsport Meginnes Diaries
- Williamsport Morning Standard
- Williamsport Republican
Lancaster County Digitization Project
- Columbia Spy (1830-1889)
- F&M Student Newspaper Collection (1873-2011)
- Lancaster Daily Intelligencer (1880-1890)
- Lancaster Examiner and Herald (1834-1872)
- Lancaster Intelligencer (1847-1871)
- Lancaster Journal (Weekly) (1816-1836)
- Lititz Newspaper Collection
- Millersville University Snapper (1925-2005)
- New Holland Clarion (1873-1950)
- The Lancaster Farmer (1869-1884)
Allegheny College – Meadville
Arcadia University – Glenside
- Campus Crier 1926 – 1930
- The Beaver News 1935 – 1986
- The Periscope 1925 – 1926
- The Tower 1987 – 2013
Behrend College – Erie
Bloomsburg University – Bloomsburg
- Bloom-In-News 1924
- Hill Top News and Views 1923
- Maroon and Gold 1924-1974
- The Campus Voice 1975-1983
- The Voice 1983-
Bryn Mawr College – Bryn Mawr
Bucknell University – Lewisburg
Carlisle Indian Industrial School – Carlisle
Chatham University – Pittsburgh
Clarion University – Clarion
Clarion University – Venango
Delaware Valley High School – Milford
Dickinson College – Carlisle
Dilworth Hall Preparatory School – Pittsburgh
Drexel University – Philadelphia
Duquesne University – Pittsburgh
Elizabethtown College – Elzabethtown
Franklin and Marshall College – Lancaster
- College Days (1873-1876, 1878-1879)
- The F&M Weekly (1891-1915)
- The Student Weekly (1915-1964)
- College Reporter (1964-2011)
Friends Central Upper School – Wynnewood
Gettysburg College – Gettysburg
Hazleton College – Hazleton
Juniata College – Huntingdon
Kiskiminetas Springs School – Saltsburg
Kutztown University – Kutztown
Lafayette College – Easton
Lebanon Valley College – Annville
Lehigh University – Bethlehem
Lock Haven University – Lock Haven
Lycoming College – Williamsport
- THE ANNIVERSARY MAGAZINE 1853
- THE STAR OF LITERATURE 1853-1858
- THE BOUQUET AND OFFERING 1856
- THE DICKINSON LIBERAL 1878-1895
- THE DICKINSON SEMINARY JOURNAL 1890-1895
- THE DICKINSON UNION 1895-1947
- THE BLANKET 1941-1942
- THE CAMPUS OFFICER 1944-45
- THE TOWER 1947
- THE CARPET 1949
- LYCOMING COURIER 1947-1957
- THE BELL 1957-1973
- THE VACANT LOT 1968-1969
- THE COMMUNICATOR 1970-1971
- THE LYCO CHRONICLE 1974
- THE SPECTATOR 1975-1980
- THE LYCOMING ADVOCATE 1981
- THE PETRI DISH 1982-1984
- LYCOMING LEDGER 1984-1987
- THE LYCOURIER 1989-present
Manor College – Philadelphia
Mansfield University – Mansfield
Mars Area High School – Mars
Millersville University – Millersville
Montgomery County Community College – Blue Bell
Muhlenburg College – Allentown
Neshaminy High School – Langhorne
Northern Lehigh School – Slatington
Pennsylvania State University – Harrisburg
Pennsylvania State University – Hazleton
Pennsylvania State University – State College
- Free Lance (monthly) – 1887 – 1904
- State Collegian (weekly) – 1904 – 1911
- Penn State Collegian 1911-1940
- The Daily Collegian (daily) – 1940 – present
Pine-Richland High School – Gibsonia
Saint Josephs University -Philadelphia
Shaler Area High School – Glenshaw
Slippery Rock University – Slippery Rock
Southern Lehigh High School – Center Valley
Susquehanna University – Selinsgrove
Swarthmore College – Swarthmore
Temple University – Philadelphia
University of Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
University of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh
University of Scranton – Scranton
Ursinus College – Collegeville
Villanova University – Villanova
Villanova University School of Law – Villanova
West Chester University Student Newspapers – West Chester
Pittsburgh Jewish Newspaper Project
- Jewish Criterion (1895-1962)
- American Jewish Outlook (1934-1962)
- Jewish Chronicle (1962-present)
- Y-JCC series (1926-1975).
Radnor Historical Society Newspaper Collection
- Wayne Weekly Gazette
- The Wayne Signal
- Suburban and Wayne Times
Valley of the Shadow: Civil War Era Newspapers
- Republican Vindicator
- Franklin Repository and Transcript
- Staunton Spectator
- Valley Spirit
Villanova University Digital Library
- Clan-na-Gael Journal [Philadelphia] (13 issues between 1902-1918)
- Irish Press [Philadelphia] (1918-1922)
- Pennsylvanische Staats-Gazette
- The Constitutional diary and Philadelphia evening advertiser
American Prison Newspapers, 1800-2020
Independent Voices – Alternative Newspapers
- April Action
- Damascus Road
- Destroyer, The
- Gay Alternative
- Mothball Blues
- MOTHER (Pittsburgh)
- New Gay Life
- Paper Air
- Philadelphia Gay News
- Ultimate Weapon, The
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Newspapers 1933-1942
- Analomink – Ear Bender Of Laurel Run (Company 302)
- Analomink – Laurel Run Ear Bender (Company 302)
- Anderson Creek – Plateau Enterprise (Company 331)
- Benezette – Iris Of Progress (Company 303)
- Benton – Between Men (Company 341)
- Benton – Camp Morton News (Company 341)
- Benton – Free-For-All (Company 341)
- Canadensis – Timberline (Company 337)
- Cedar Run – Camp S-90 Bulletin (Company 328)
- Clearfield – Clearfield Gazette (Company 303)
- Clearfield – Nursery Camp News (Company 331)
- Clearfield – Nursery Camp Times (Company 331)
- Clearfield – Nursery News (Company 331)
- Clearfield – Nursery Times (Company 331)
- Coudersport – Moore’S Run Bugler (Company 380)
- Coudersport – Moore’S Run Commander (Company 380)
- Coudersport – Daily News (Company 380)
- Cross Fork – Ole Bull-Etin (Company 346)
- Elimsport – Laurel (Company 366)
- Elimsport – White Deer Rattler (Company 366)
- Emporium – North Creek Call (Company 321)
- Galeton – Cherry Springs Herald (Company 343)
- Galeton – Lyman Run Ripples (Company 342)
- Gettysburg – Renaissance News (Company 385)
- Glen Rock – Glenview News (Company 367)
- Glen Rock – Hill Top Hi-Hatter (Company 367)
- Glen Rock – Hilltop Hitter (Company 307)
- Grantville – Indiantown Echo (Company 336)
- Grantville – Indiantown Gap’s Echo (Company 336)
- Hicks Run – Elk-Cam Gobbler (Company 370)
- Kane – ANF Camp News (Company 1319)
- Kane – Builder (Company 1319)
- Kato – Katonian (Company 347)
- Laporte – Jakersville Echo (Company 383)
- Laporte – Whirl’S End Echo (Company 383)
- Laquin – Laquin News (Company 387)
- Leetonia – Rattler (Company 328)
- Loganton – Long Run Tribune (Company 306)
- Masten – Bag Puncher (Company 301)
- Mifflin – Licking Creek Pioneer (Company 2333)
- Mifflinburg – Halfway Herald (Company 340)
- Montoursville – Little Bear News (Company 367)
- Morris – Woodland Whispers (Company 384)
- Mount Union – Camp S-56 Bulletin (Company 314) (AA)
- Neff’s Mills – Owl’S Gap (Company 399)
- Neff’s Mills – Owl’S Gap Hoot ‘N Howl (Company 399)
- North Bend – Single Branch Times (Company 311)
- Philipsburg – Pride Of ’71 (Company 359)
- Philipsburg – Wolf Rock Echo (Company 373)
- Pigeon – Spring Creek Murmurs (Company 318)
- Pine Grove Furnace – Bunker Hill Bunk (Company 329)
- Redbridge – Od Gazette (Company 320)
- Reedsville – Chip Chop Chats (Company 388)
- Renovo – Voice Of The Fork (Company 348)
- Richmond Furnace – 305Th Co. Journal (Company 305)
- Richmond Furnace – Cowan’S Gap News (Company 305)
- Richmond Furnace – Fox News (Company 305)
- Richmond Furnace – Gloom Chaser (Company 305)
- Richmond Furnace – Gloom Chaser (Company 305)
- Ridgway – Echo (Company 321)
- Rockwood – Blue Hole Voice Of Youth (Company 344)
- Shawville – Bucks Camp (Company 330)
- Shawville – Top (Company 330)
- Sigel – Clear Creek Capers (Company 353)
- Slate Run – Black Forest News (Company 364)
- Sligo – Sligo Flyer (Company 2323)
- Sligo – The Sligo Flyer (Company 2323)
- Sligo – The Sligo Flyer News (Company 2323)
- Thornhurst – Mountain Torch (Company 382)
- Trout Run – New Deal (Company 367)
- Tyler – Empire Builder (Company 309)
- Waterville – Blatherskite (Company 386)
- Waterville – Green Guardsman (Company 312)
- Waynesboro – Pioneer (Company 307)
- Waynesboro – Pioneer Weekly (Company 307)
- Wilcox – Straight Camp Herald (Company 316) (AA)
German Society of Pennsylvania Historical Newspaper Collection
- Schwäbischer Merkur.
- Philadelphia Schwäbischer Merkur.
- Philadelphia Morgen-Gazette.
- Philadelphia freie Presse.
- Philadelphia Demokrat.
- Philadelphia Tageblatt.
- Mifflinburg Telegraph Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
Old Fulton Postcards
- Bedford PA Gazette
- Bedford PA Inquirer
- Bellefonte PA Centre Democrat
- Bloomsberg PA Colunbia Democrat
- Bloomsburg PA Campaign
- Bloomsburg PA Columbia Democrat
- Bloomsburg PA Columbian
- Butler PA Citizen
- Caldwell PA Journal
- Center Hall PA Reporter
- Chambersburg PA Valley Sprit
- Crawford PA Weekly Messenger
- Ebensburg PA Alleghanian
- Ebensburg PA Cambria
- Edinboro PA Indpendant
- Harrisburg PA Pennsylivaina Reporter
- Harrisburg PA Pennsylvania Telegraph
- Harrisburg PA Star Independent
- Harrisburg PA Telegraph
- Harrsburg PA Morning Harald
- Honesdale PA Citizen
- Honesdale PA Wayne County Herald
- Juniata PA Sentinel Republican
- Lancaster PA Intelligencer
- Lewisburg PA Chronicle
- Lewisburg PA Union County Star
- Mahancy City PA SAaule
- Middleburg PA Post
- Mifflintown PA Juniata Sentinel
- Mifflintown PA Sentinel
- Mifflintown PA Sentinel Republican
- Millheim PA Journal
- Montrose PA Democrat
- Mount Carmal PA Tevyne
- Narberth PA Our Town
- Philadelphia PA City Directory 1785-1867
- Philadelphia PA Daily Advertiser
- Philadelphia PA Dollar Newspaper
- Philadelphia PA Evening Ledger
- Philadelphia PA Evening Public Ledger
- Philadelphia PA Evening Telegraph
- Philadelphia PA Inquirer
- Philadelphia PA Nation Reformer
- Philadelphia PA Public Record
- Philadelphia PA Record
- Philadelphia PA Saturday Museum
- Philidaphia PA City Item
- Pittsburgh PA Courier
- Reynoldsville PA Star
- Scranton PA Tribune
- Somerset PA Herald
- Susquehanna PA Weekly Journal
- Tionrsta PA Forest Republican
- Tunkhannock PA Democrat
- Tunkhannock PA North Branch Democrat
Newspaper Abstracts – Pennsylvania
For Obituary Indexes, transcriptions, and other death/obituary information from historic newspapers, please check out the Obituaries page.
Other Free Sites:
- 99th Infantry Division Checkerboard
- American Weekly Mercury
- Ameryka = America
- Byzantine Catholic World – 2014-present
- Catholic Herald
- Catholic Weekly Instructor
- Christian Recorder 1861-1865, 1899-1901
- Il Paese (Italian)
- The Catholic Standard & Times – 2008-present
- The Catholic Standard & Times – 1963-1968
- The Catholic Standard and Times 1913-1922
- Church Standard
- City Item
- Griffin’s Journal
- Irish Press
- Journal of the American Temperance Union 1837-1850
- National Anti-Slavery Standard
- Occident and American Jewish Advocate
- Philadelphia Demokrat
- Pennsylvania Gazette
- Philadelphia Evening Bulletin Clippings
- Philadelphia freie Presse
- Philadelphia Morgen Gazette
- Philadelphia Press Index
- Philadelphia Public Record 1870-1871
- Philadelphia Schwäbischer Merkur
- Philadelphia Sunday Transcript
- Philadelphia Tageblatt
- Polish American News 2006-
- Port Folio
- Schwäbischer Merkur
- The Boys’ and Girls’ Weekly Catholic Magazine
- The Christian Recorder
- The Columbian Star and Christian Index 1829-1831
- The Philadelphia Independent
- Broyṭ un frayheyṭ – ברויט און פרייהייט
- Der Shṭern – דער שטערן
- Sheʼelat Yiśraʼel oder Tsiyon debaṭe – שאלת ישראל אדער ציון דעבאטע
- The Occident and American Jewish Advocate
- The Zion’s Friend – דער ציון’ס פריינד
- Byzantine Catholic World – 2014-present
- Gazeta Pittsburgska (1895)
- Sokół w Ameryce (1912, 1914)
- Pittsburgh Catholic – 1844-2001
- Pittsburgh Catholic – 2000-present
- Pittsburgh Catholic – 1957-1973
- Squirrel Hill News
- The Pittsburgh Courier 1955
Upper Providence Township
Subscription or Pay Sites:
There are currently 142 publications available on this site. See all the titles at Ancestry – Pennsylvania Newspapers
There are currently 657 publications available on this site. See all the titles at Genealogy Bank – Pennsylvania
There are currently 481 publications available on this site. See all the titles at Newspaper Archives – Pennsylvania
There are currently 557 publications available on this site. See all the titles at Newspapers.com – Pennsylvania.
You also need to visit the Pennsylvania Digital Newspaper Program site from time to time, which can tell you what is occurring in the state with regard to online newspaper availability. The site also has additional resources that help you find online and microfilm resources in the state.
Please note – even more may be available via the State Library or a local library where a library card is required. And of course, there is always microfilm for those that have not been made available online as yet.
For more links for different states, provinces, and countries – please see the Newspaper Links page on this website.
For all Free Pennsylvania Links, click on the category of interest:
Probate and Wills
14 replies on “Pennsylvania Online Historical Newspapers Summary”
Hello, I am looking for “The Morning Herald, Harrisburg, PA.” My particular interest is the editions for Aug. 19, 22, Sept. 4, 19, 20, 21, 23, 28, Oct. 2, 6, Nov 11 1854. These editions contain articles on the temperance movement in Pennsylvania. Thank you.
And thank you for having this webpage. I have no doubt it took a lot of work to put together.
I am looking for newpaper info or items for the following: Robert Ramsey (1859 in England to 1942 California) lived in Reynoldsville, Jefferson County, PA from about 1874 to 1882. He is shown on the 1880 Federal Census records living at 127 Main Street with his wife, Sophia age 20 and a daughter Gezena age 2. The census shows they were married about 1879 (after the birth of the child). Robert left Reynoldsville in 1882 and married Nellie Mae Van Hyning in 1883 in the Dakota Territory. I have no idea what happened or who Sophia and Gezena are and am hoping the newspaper might be of help. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Hi! Have you tried the Reynoldsville Historical Society? They have many old photos, and many members who post information. You can find them on facebook too.
Seeking any information on Imigration to Mt. Pleasant, PA from Germany. Joseph Keigler/Nicholas Martin, Augusta Wade, wife/son John Marion Martin son born in USA. maybe Ky though but not sure where. But lived in PA then IN. Louisa Bahr (married name) born 1825 not sure where. Coal miners and railroaders.
I am looking for John Mulligan from Altoona, Pa. According to Fr LeDoux’s vital statistics book Volume V, Page 308 entry # 6889 he died 03-23-1866 age 40. I have not been able to access any exiting newspapers from this time period to find an obituary and St John’s cemetery does not have him ( or his wife Catharine or daughter Ellen ) as being buried at St John’s cemetery despite this listing. I have also searched every single cemetery list for Altoona and surrounding areas and neither he nor wife Catharine ( died late 1876 or Jan 1877 because his will was dated by register on 01-29-1877 ) nor Ellen ( died in Feb 1878 as house servant to Mr. Bowman – dress caught on fire while lighting a stove and succumbed to her burns about a week after — she was 16 and listed in article as orphaned).– I am frustrated and at my wit’s end- please help me!
The family were members of St. John’s Church, which has not been in existence since the early 1900’s. You should contact Calvary Cemetery in Altoona because they hold the records to St. John’s Cemetery. Ellen is buried there. Her record of internment is available through the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Altoona. On her internment record at Cathedral, her place of burial is St. John’s. Ellen’s sister, Margaret, died in Pittsburgh in 1913 and is buried in Calvary Cemetery. I hope this helps.
I only got your message today- looks like it might have been here for a while. I have visited St John’s and have their cemetery book from Blair County Gen society. I have long since suspected she was interred in Bowman family crypt since she was an orphan and died in their employ, but when I called the Cathedral – they said that was private info and they would not/could not share. By the by– I traced the Bowman family to California and lost the trial in the 1950’s. Ellen is not listed officially in the St JOhn’s death listing ( headstones only) and the Cathedral was less than kind telling me they do not have time to search, and that they do not have an archivist. I have just called Calvary ( Altoona)– Ellen has 2 sisters buried in Calvary , Altoona — Margaret Mulligan ( she died at my great grandmother’s home in Pittsburgh) and Catherine Mulligan Farrell. Oddly enough, my great granmother ( their sister) was Mary Mulligan Haggerty and is Also buried in Calvary Cemetery — the one in Pittsburgh. I am curious how you have obtained this info so I might tap that source, but if not- I thank you for sharing– please feel free to contact me any time! God Bless You !! Rose
Cerco informazioni su Fiorentino G. Troisi
Great post thank you.
Very helpful! I have a subscription to Newspapers.com, but they do not have anything available for Northampton Co (specifically Easton, PA). You have links here for Easton papers in Google News, but is there a way to search these papers? Is my only hope just reading through each paper to find the people I’m looking for?
If there is a link to a newspaper in Google News Archive, if you click on the link, the page for that newspaper should come up and there should be a Search box.
I am looking for news archive does anybody have?
searching for Reading Herald October 8, 1891 edition.
supposedly contains info on Hessian prisoners detained at Ruscombmanor Township, Pa.
This is amazing. Thanks for sharing this blog. I have become a fan of your blogs. This blog is so interesting and informative.